Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Daydream Medallions


 
I have been wanting to try to recreate the card on page 114 of the Annual Catalog.  I used the standard card size, 5 1/2 x 4 1/4, but it looks like the one in the catalog is larger.  I try to keep my cards all standard sizes so they fit in the envelopes and require no extra postage.  
 
My card base is Pool Party Card Stock that I cut using the largest Floral Frames Framelit.  I then added a cut piece of Very Vanilla Card Stock behind this layer.  Using my Stamp-a-ma-jig I then lined up my images.  The colors I used were Primrose Petals, Baked Brown Sugar and Pool Party.  My smallest image was also cut out using the smallest Floral Frames Framelit.  A Very Vintage Designer Button was added to the center of the flower, and a piece of Linen Thread was tied through the holes. 
 
Tip:  To remember what side of the Flower you used in the corner of your Stamp-a-ma-jig, place some kind of notation on the stamp in the corner you are lining up.  I didn't do this for the first large image, and my image didn't line up as nicely as I would of wanted.  I took a small piece of paper and taped it to the corner of my wood blocks.  If you are using a clear block, you could put it directly onto the stamp. 
 
The following were used:
Card Stock:  Pool Party #122924, Very Vanilla #101650
Ink:  Pool Party #126982, Primrose Petals #26858, Baked Brown Sugar #131174
Stamp Sets:  Daydream Medallions #131976 w or #126467 c, Teeny Tiny Wishes #128748 w or #127802 c
Tools:  Big Shot #113439, Floral Frames Framelits #127012, Stamp-a-ma-jig #101049
Embellishment:  Very Vintage Designer Button #129327
Ribbon:  Linen Thread #104199

1 comment:

Shawn Crawford said...

You have just convinced me to add the medallions to my next order.