Bag in a Box Tutorial
If you are looking for a different way to present a gift, why not try making a "Bag in a Box". You can decorate and embellish it to fit the occasion, and make it as plain or fancy as you want. To help you make your own "Bag in a Box" I have included step by step instructions. Have fun creating a new way to give that special someone a special treat!
You will need the following materials:
Paper Trimmer, Card Stock, Designer Series Paper (DSP), Decorative Label Punch, Scallop Edge Border Punch, 3/8” Circle Punch (from punch pack), Scissors, Sticky Strip, Simply Scored Tool
1. Cut a piece of cardstock 4 ½” x 4 ½” to make your box.
2. Score cardstock at 1” on all four sides.
3. Use scissors to trim as shown and fold on all of the score lines.
4. Turn cardstock over and apply Sticky Strip in the locations shown in the following picture.
5. Remove Sticky Strip, fold in tabs, and adhere the tabs onto the
inside of the larger middle tab. Repeat on all sides to form your box.
6. Cut a piece of Designer Series Paper 5 ½” x 11”. Apply Sticky Strip all
along one 11” side and along one 5 ½” side. Remove the Sticky Strip liner
from the 11” side of the DSP and starting with the 5 ½” side that DOES
NOT have Sticky Strip adhere the DSP onto the sides of the box. Make
sure to start the 5 ½” side of the DSP close to the middle of the box –
you don’t want your DSP seam to end up on the corner because it will make
it more difficult to adhere the 5 ½” side down.
7. Wrap the DSP all the way around the box bottom adhering the Sticky Strip
in place as you go.
8. Remove the Sticky Strip liner from the 5 ½” side of the DSP and adhere the
end of the DSP in place.
9. Cut a piece of 1” x 11” cardstock and punch on one of the 11” sides with
the Scallop Edge Border Punch.
10. Apply about 1” long pieces of Sticky Strip in 3-4 places along the scalloped
card stock. Remove the Sticky Strip liner from the punched piece and
adhere it around the bag bottom.
11. Use the Decorative Label Punch on a piece of coordinating scrap cardstock.
Fold the label in half and using the 3/8” Circle Punch punch a hole in the
Thanks to many talented Stampin' Up! Demonstrators who showed me how to make my own "Bag in a Box". Hopefully my instructions will help you create your own.